This entire team is fully attentive and intelligent on everything you throw at them. There just isn’t a better firm…
Phillips Law Offices Has Been Featured In…
Chicago’s Personal Injury Attorneys: Phillips Law Offices
We represent personal injury victims in Chicago and across the state – with record verdicts and settlements for our clients and their families. When our opposing lawyer’s family members or friends are wrongfully injured they call us to represent them – a testament to our reputation and standing in the legal community. Our attorneys also represent the surviving family members of wrongful death victims, and we represent workplace injury victims who are seeking workers’ compensation benefits.
In the Chicago area or anywhere in the State of Illinois, if you have been injured because someone else was negligent, after you’ve been examined by a medical professional, speak as quickly as possible with one of the top-rated Chicago, Illinois personal injury law firms, Phillips Law Offices.
In the State of Illinois, an injured victim of another person’s negligence is entitled by law to full compensation for his or her accident-related medical expenses, wages lost due to the injury, personal pain and suffering, and all other related losses and damages.
Compensation for injuries, however, is not automatic. If you are the injury victim, in order to receive the compensation you are entitled to, you will have to prove that another party was negligent in a way that caused your injury. You’ll need a good personal injury lawyer’s help.
How May We Help You?
Trust Our Elite Team of Injury Attorneys To Represent You
What Should You Do When An Accident Happens?
If an accident happens, and you are injured, act immediately to protect yourself. Whether it’s a traffic crash, an injury caused by a defective appliance, a slip-and-fall at a retail location, or any other accident caused by another person’s negligence, think clearly and take these steps.
If you’re injured – or if someone else is – seek medical attention first, and even if you do not “feel” injured, have a checkup within 24 hours, if possible. Without a medical exam, a latent or hard-to-detect injury could emerge days or weeks later as a serious medical condition.
After an accident, take photos and try to get the names and contact details of any witnesses. If it’s an auto accident, summon the police and find out how to obtain a copy of their accident report. You will also need to trade personal contact and insurance details with the other driver.
If it’s a workplace injury, make sure you report the injury to your supervisor or manager. Most employers have a standard reporting procedure. Follow it. If you are injured on private property, report the injury to the owner or the manager immediately.
After any injury, seeking medical assistance is your first priority. If your injury was caused by negligence – or if you are not sure whether negligence was involved – seeking legal assistance is your second priority.
When Our Opposing Counsel’s Family Members Or Friends Are Injured They Call Us!
For 75 years, the Chicago personal injury lawyers at Phillips Law Offices have been protecting the rights of injured victims and fighting for their justice. We’re also fighting for the compensation that those injury victims need and deserve.
If you have been injured by another person’s negligence, we have effectively and successfully handled cases like yours. We will provide a free consultation, review the details of your case, and suggest the best course of action – which may include a personal injury lawsuit.
The Illinois personal injury lawyers at Phillips Law Offices represent clients on a contingent fee basis; meaning, if we do not recover compensation for you, you do not pay us any attorney fees. You owe us nothing until we obtain an out-of-court settlement or a jury verdict on your behalf.
Personal injury cases often entail confusing medical terminology, complex legal issues, and a mountain of paperwork, but an attorney at Phillips Law Offices will help resolve even the most complicated personal injury claim and help you move forward after a serious injury.
Recovered Over $500 Million in Verdicts & Settlements
Drunk Driving Accident
Record Jury Verdict
Negligent Medical Care
When Should You Contact An Injury Attorney?
With personal injury cases, time is critical. Injury victims must seek medical attention – and then legal advice – immediately. We can help. Let a Chicago accident attorney with Phillips Law Offices handle every aspect of your personal injury, wrongful death, or workers’ compensation case. It is imperative to receive sound legal advice as quickly as possible after you’ve been injured.
The legal team at Phillips Law Offices gives every case and every client the dedicated representation and complete personal attention he or she deserves. Statutes of limitations set deadlines for taking legal action. For most personal injury and medical malpractice cases in Illinois, with only a very few exceptions, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the injury or two years from the date that the injury is discovered.
But do not wait two years – and then scramble at the last minute to file a claim – if you are an injured victim of negligence. Your personal injury lawyer will need to meet with you, examine the evidence, and speak with any witnesses as quickly as possible after you’ve been injured.
Meet Our Team of Injury Lawyers
Stephen D. Phillips
- Stephen Phillips has obtained record settlements and million-dollar-plus verdicts on behalf of his clients.
- Former president of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Stephen Phillips leads the highly-qualified attorneys of our law firm will get you the justice you deserve.
- In a single year, Stephen Phillips secured more multi-million-dollar settlements than any other trial attorney in Illinois.
- Stephen Phillips is among the leading fellows at the International of Trial Lawyers. Only 500 attorneys in the world are invited to join this prestigious academy.
- Martindale-Hubbell and LexisNexis both give Stephen Phillips their highest ratings in ethical standards and legal ability.
- Stephen Phillips is admitted to practice in the Illinois and the United States Supreme Courts.
Terrence M. Quinn
- Terrance M. Quinn was Admitted to Practice Illinois in 2001.
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars Key Professional Media 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association 2003 – Present
- Illinois State Bar Association 2004 – Present
- American Association of Justice
- Settled a $10,000,000 Accounting Malpractice Case.
- Recovery of $7.4 Million in a Medical Malpractice Case.
Elise A. Waisbren
- Elise was honored in the 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 edition of Illinois Super Lawyer as a Rising Star.
- 2016, 2017 and 2018 Illinois Leading Lawyers “Emerging Lawyer”
- Admitted to Practice in Illinois and the Trial Bar and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association | Co-Chair, Young Lawyers’ Division
- American Association for Justice
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
Stephen J. Phillips
- Attorney Stephen J. Phillips is skilled and talented at resolving complicated personal injury disputes. He fights hard to win justice for the injured victims of negligence in the greater Chicago area.
- He began his legal career with Phillips Law Offices in 2014. He has rapidly emerged as an innovative problem solver and as a skilled litigator and negotiator.
- He represents the third generation of attorneys in his family and is a graduate of the University of Michigan and the Loyola University Chicago School of Law, where he made the Dean’s List.
- Admitted to practice law in Illinois state courts and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, the Chicago Bar Association, and the Illinois State Bar Association.
Michael R. Bertucci
- Widespread complex knowledge in appellate experience in various areas of the law, learned the complicated appellate process, and honed his legal writing skills.
- Earned his J.D. from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 2017 where he received the CALI Award for Academic Excellence in multiple classes and was recognized on the Dean’s List each year.
- Currently serves on the Executive Committee and the Membership Committee of the Justinian Society of Lawyers, and on the Scholarship Committee of the Diversity Scholarship Foundation.
- Alyssa is a fourth generation trial attorney with a passion for helping clients
- Alyssa was a member of Chicago Kent College of Law’s nationally renowned Trial Advocacy team
- Alyssa is currently a member of the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, among others
How Will Phillips Law Offices Help?
No amount of money can erase a catastrophic injury or a wrongful death, but a personal injury claim can help victims and their families deal with long-term medical costs, lost wages, and lost earning capacity. An attorney at Phillips Law Offices can review the details of your personal injury claim, examine the evidence, determine if you have sufficient grounds for taking legal action, identify the liable party or parties, and then fight aggressively and effectively for justice on your behalf. For more answers to our most frequently asked questions, please see below:
If you’re like most people, when you think about personal injury cases, you probably think about car and truck accidents, but you may also be entitled to compensation if you were injured because:
- You became a victim of medical malpractice while receiving medical treatment.
- A property owner negligently disregarded a hazard on his or her property.
- You used a defective consumer product that caused your injury.
- Someone’s dog or other pet bit or attacked you.
Retaining the right personal injury lawyer in these situations can make all the difference. A Chicago, Illinois personal injury attorney at Phillips Law Offices will protect your legal rights and hold the party or parties who injured you accountable.
If you sustain a catastrophic injury in a traffic crash, a medical malpractice incident, or any other accident scenario, you should know that the attorneys at Phillips Law Offices are considered among the top catastrophic injury attorneys by personal injury lawyers across Illinois.
Catastrophic injuries include traumatic brain injuries, nerve damage, burn injuries, spinal cord injuries, amputations, blindness, and fractures. The physical and financial cost of a catastrophic injury can be overwhelming. Catastrophic injuries require lengthy or lifelong medical care.
If you are catastrophically injured or permanently disabled because someone else was negligent, or if you need multiple surgeries, extensive physical therapy, and long-term care, you will need the maximum compensation that is available to you to compensate you for your injuries.
For over seven decades, the personal injury attorneys at Phillips Law Offices have helped the injured victims of negligence in this state recover the compensation – and win the justice – that is rightfully theirs.
To prevail with a personal injury claim, the injury victim and the plaintiff’s personal injury lawyer must be able to prove that:
- The negligent party or “defendant” owed a duty of care to the plaintiff.
- The defendant was negligent or breached a duty of care.
- The defendant’s negligence caused damages or harm to the plaintiff or their family.
Along with financial losses, individuals or families who sustain personal injuries also face considerable emotional, physical, and personal challenges. The team at Phillips Law Offices is committed to helping clients and their loved ones move ahead positively and constructively after a personal injury or wrongful death.
We work hard to make a genuine difference in the lives of our clients and their families. With our substantial experience, the accident attorneys at Phillips Law Offices bring their unique personal backgrounds, strengths, and insights to every client and every case.
When injuries happen, it is often because someone was careless. Whether it’s a traffic crash injury, a slip-and-fall injury, or an injury caused by medical malpractice, the primary question about any accident that results in an injury or a wrongful death is “Who was at fault?”
The traditional legal rule is that the party at fault should pay for any damages suffered by the injury victim. If both parties were partly at fault, the more negligent party should pay at least a percentage of the other person’s damages.
Most victims receive compensation without a courtroom appearance because most personal injury claims in Illinois are resolved when the lawyers for both sides negotiate an out-of-court settlement that is agreeable to both the plaintiff and the defendant.
However, when no acceptable settlement amount is offered in negotiations, Phillips Law Offices will take your personal injury or wrongful death case to trial and explain to a jury why they should order the payment of your compensation.
When someone negligently causes someone else’s death, even with no premeditation or intent to harm anyone, the death is legally a wrongful death. Nothing is more tragic than suddenly and unexpectedly losing someone you love because someone else was careless.
In cases of wrongful death, although it may be quite difficult, surviving family members must speak as quickly as possible to a Chicago wrongful death attorney at Phillips Law Offices. No one expects a wrongful death to happen, but it can happen to anyone – when it’s least expected.
No amount of money can assuage the grief of grieving family members, but a wrongful death claim can help a family to avoid the financial hardships they might otherwise suffer after the sudden, wrongful death of a member of the family.
Wrongful death cases are legally comparable to personal injury cases. Plaintiffs in wrongful death cases have to prove essentially the same “elements of the case” that injury victims must prove when they bring personal injury claims:
- The defendant owed a duty of care to the wrongful death victim.
- The defendant acted negligently or breached the duty of care.
- The wrongful death was a result of the negligence of the defendant or breach of the duty of care.
Workers’ compensation is an insurance program established and managed by the state. With few exceptions, Illinois requires employers to buy workers’ compensation insurance to cover their employees.
If an employee is injured on the job, he or she may file a claim and receive workers’ comp benefits while recovering. To receive those benefits, injured employees do not have to take legal action or prove that an employer – or anyone else – was responsible for an accident or injury.
Injured employees who are covered by workers’ compensation in Illinois are entitled to receive all necessary and reasonable medical treatment for a job-related injury as well as temporary disability benefits which partially compensate for lost wages.
If a work-related injury results in a permanent disability, and the injured worker cannot continue in the same job or do similar work in the future, the amount of permanent disability benefits will depend on the worker’s age, physical restrictions, and earnings at the time the injury occurred.
If you sustain an injury at your place of work, an Illinois workers’ compensation team attorney at Phillips Law Offices can work to ensure that you’re not victimized by the workers’ compensation process and that you receive everything that you are entitled to under Illinois law.
Scores of personal injury attorneys and law firms represent clients in the Chicago area. At Phillips Law Offices, we are a personal injury law firm that prefers to let our track record – and the outstanding achievements of our personal injury attorneys – do the speaking for us:
- Phillips Law Offices has represented injury victims in the Chicago area for 75 years.
- We have obtained more than $500 million in damages for our personal injury clients.
- Attorney Stephen D. Phillips is a past president of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association.
- He is ranked as a Top 100 trial lawyer in Illinois by The National Trial Lawyers.
- He secured more million-dollar-plus settlements in a year than any other Illinois lawyer.
- He has received a 10/10 rating from Avvo.com, an independent lawyer rating service.
- Illinois lawyers rank Phillips Law Offices as among the state’s top personal injury firms.
- Stephen D. Phillips has obtained record jury verdicts and settlements in Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio.
When someone is injured by someone else’s negligence, the legal challenges that insurance companies and other defendants can present in a personal injury case often make it difficult for victims of negligence to acquire the compensation that is rightfully theirs.
Let an attorney at Phillips Law Offices guide you through the legal process and fight for the full compensation amount that you and your family need. We will bring to your case the extensive experience, skill, and legal knowledge that you’ll need to obtain the compensation you deserve.
What can a personal injury victim expect from a personal injury settlement or verdict? Each case is different. You and your Chicago personal injury lawyer will determine your measurable financial losses and then calculate an additional amount to seek for personal pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, disability, disfigurement, loss of society, and other human loss elements of damage.
You will need medical bills, related receipts, and verification of your lost wages to help prove that your compensation claim is both reasonable and fair. “Compensatory” damages – what you receive as compensation – may include:
- Medical costs: Personal injury victims whose claims prevail are almost always compensated for their medical care and treatment. Reimbursement should include the reasonable, projected costs of any necessary future treatment as well.
- Lost wages: Successful personal injury plaintiffs may expect compensation for income lost because of the injury and for any lost future earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: Plaintiffs may also expect compensation for the pain and suffering they experienced during and after an injury. If pain is persistent, that persistence, as well as personal suffering and emotional distress, should be a factor in a settlement or verdict.
- Disfigurement: When a plaintiff has been disfigured, scarred or if an amputation had to be performed, the plaintiff may expect “fair” compensation for the change of appearance and the effects of that change.
- Loss of normal life or disability: How the injury has affected their day to day activities and impaired their abilities to function.
- Loss of Society: love, affection, care, attention, instruction, training, companionship, comfort, advice and guidance, and protection.
In addition to “compensatory” damages, if a personal injury case goes to trial, a plaintiff may ask jurors to order the payment of “punitive” damages if the plaintiff and his or her lawyer can prove a defendant’s actions were fraudulent, intentional, willful, and/or wanton.
Punitive damages are not awarded frequently and are not considered compensation. Juries order punitive damage awards only in the most egregious cases to punish defendants for their behavior and to deter such behavior in the future.
Learn More & Get Started Today!
If you’ve been injured by negligence, suddenly and accidentally, we understand your concerns. Your medical bills and your regular monthly obligations can pile up quickly, and you may not know when or if you can return to work. Let the legal team at Phillips Law Offices help.
The right personal injury lawyer will protect your rights while bringing your personal injury, wrongful death, or workers’ comp case to its best possible resolution. To schedule a free consultation, use the contact form on this website or call Phillips Law Offices at 312-346-4262.
Learn more about us by reading the Google Plus reviews of Phillips Law Offices. Our office is conveniently located in The Loop near City Hall and the Richard J. Daley Center, approximately 13 miles from Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW).
Take I-55 North from MDW. Take exit 292 A to merge onto I-90 W/I-94 W toward West Ryan Expressway/Wisconsin. Take exit 51A and turn right onto Lake Street. Turn right before the pharmacy, and our offices will be on your left at 161 North Clark Street #4925.